Author

freedomwire

Browsing

(FreedomWire.org) – The federal judge who reportedly signed off on the raid at former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence donated thousands of dollars to former President Barack Obama’s presidential campaign and victory fund in 2008.

Bruce Reinhart, a Florida federal magistrate judge, donated $1,000 to Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign and added $1,000 more to the Obama Victory Fund that same cycle, according to federal filings.

According to the same New York Post report on the donations, Reinhart also represented employees of the late convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein in connection to a sex trafficking investigation. Reinhart previously told the Miami Herald that those he represented included Epstein’s pilots, his scheduler, Sarah Kellen, and a woman named Nadia Marcinkova.

On October 23, 2007, as federal prosecutors in South Florida were in the midst of tense negotiations to finalize a plea deal with accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, a senior prosecutor in their office quietly laying out plans to leave the U.S. attorney’s office after 11 years. 

On that date, as emails were flying between Epstein’s lawyers and federal prosecutors, Bruce E. Reinhart, now a federal magistrate, opened a limited liability company in Florida that established what would become his new criminal defense practice.

The stated address, according to Florida state corporate records: 250 South Australian Ave., Suite 1400. It was the same location, and identical suite number, as that of Epstein’s lead attorney, Jack Goldberger.

By the end of the year, Reinhart had resigned his post in the Southern District of Florida. Within Days, on Jan. 2, 2008, he was hired to represent several of Epstein’s accused accomplices who would later, like Epstein, receive federal immunity for allegedly trafficking underage girls.

(FreedomWire.org) – The Department of Homeland Security announced late Monday that they would end the Remain in Mexico policy.

Several thousand migrants forced to wait in Mexico under a Trump-era program gradually will be allowed to enter the United States to pursue their asylum claims in coming weeks and months, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said on Monday.

The move comes after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of Democratic President Joe Biden in his administration’s bid to end the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) program, which pushed non-Mexican migrants back to Mexico to await resolution of their U.S. cases, which sometimes took months or years.

The Biden administration will no longer enroll migrants in MPP and those currently waiting in Mexico will be removed from the program and allowed to enter the United States as they return for their next scheduled court dates, DHS said in a statement.

The end of the disincentives that Remain in Mexico provided will likely result in a flood of new applicants that will now be allowed to wait in the US while their claims are adjudicated. Most of them do not show up for court dates and deportations, of course, which is why Donald Trump imposed Remain in Mexico in the first place.

(FreedomWire.org) – On Monday morning, the White House officially confirmed a trip is in its weekly guidance for the president’s week. On Wednesday, August 10, “the President and the First Lady will travel to Kiawah Island, South Carolina.”

The Bidens’ weeklong trip to South Carolina comes as Americans struggle to make ends meet amid 40-year high inflation, a newly confirmed recession, and soaring interest rates. Credit card debt is skyrocketing as Americans find themselves unable to make ends meet as living to paycheck-to-paycheck still fails to close the gap for more expensive goods and services. 

Meanwhile, the Biden administration is preparing a new package of aid for Ukraine — even though there are increasing questions about whether American contributions to Ukraine’s war effort are making it to their intended destinations and recipients. And in the Pacific, China continues to escalate its live fire drills around Taiwan following House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taipei. 

None of that, apparently, is enough to keep Biden close to the White House should there be any urgent developments or to show the American people that he really can “taste” their frustration — as he once bizarrely claimed — under Biden’s economic policies. 

Biden, apparently, still needs a break from D.C. despite already spending a significant number of his weekends as president at his Delaware retreats — including the weekend that just ended once Biden finally tested negative for COVID-19 again following his “rebound” bout of the virus Biden campaigned on a promise to “shut down.”

In the year since President Joe Biden was caught apparently off-guard by the rapid fall of Afghanistan to Taliban fighters while he tried to enjoy an August vacation, he seemingly is still not willing to let a world on edge deter his escape from Washington. 

(FreedomWire.org) – On Friday, CBS’s Catherine Herridge interviewed former Attorney General Bill Barr. When Herridge asked, “What is the future of the Republican Party?”

Barr said, “I think the future is bright. I see 2024 like setting up another 1980 where Reagan won two terms, and then Bush won a third term. And that’s what I think you need to really Make America Great Again. Decisive victory in reaction to the excesses of the progressive Democrats. And I think we could do that again a really achieve decisive victory with the right candidate. But i don’t think Trump is that candidate.”

Barr explained, “The day that he’s elected, he’ll be a 78-year-old lame duck who is obviously bent on revenge more than anything else.”

President Donald Trump is the GOP frontrunner right now, and the nomination is his if he decides to seek it.

When Barr stated that he will be bent on revenge, is because his team has announced as much. Trump team plans post-election purge of Department of Justice, FBI, and the Intelligence Community.

If Trump ran on a promise to gut the federal bureaucracy and return it to its role as an apolitical servant of the people, it would appeal to voters.

(FreedomWire.org) – Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard says Vice President Kamala Harris is showing outrage for Brittney Griner, but not for her fellow Americans who are sitting in prison today because of minor marijuana violations — including some of whom were prosecuted by Harris when she was the California Attorney General.

“How come you are not fighting as hard for them to be returned home and reunited with their families as you are for Brittney Griner,” Gabbard said to Fox News’ Will Cain.

“To me, the message to the American people through the administration’s actions is loud and clear, is that if you are rich and powerful or famous, then you will get special treatment from this administration. If you are not. We don’t care about you, and we’re going to let you sit there and rot in jail.”

Her comments come after WNBA player Brittney Griner was sentenced to nine years in prison in Russia. Griner was convicted of carrying vape cartridges containing cannabis oil. She’s also been ordered to pay a fine of one million Rubles.

In June, the Biden administration offered to exchange convicted Russian arms trafficker Viktor Bout for Griner and Paul Whelan.

Russian official Dmitry Peskov said that “no agreements have been finalized.”

Gabbard was responding to a tweet from Harris in which the Vice President said Russia is wrongfully detaining Griner who should be released immediately.

“POTUS and I, and our entire Administration, are working every day to reunite Brittney, as well as Paul Whelan, with loved ones who miss each of them dearly,” Harris wrote on Twitter.

(FreedomWire.org) – According to documents received by CBS, many “very credible whistleblowers” informed Republican Senator Chuck Grassley about the FBI’s “plan” to brand and destroy unfavorable material about Hunter Biden as “disinformation” before the 2020 election.

Grassley said that his office had received material that raises questions concerning the FBI’s acquisition and use of negative information about Hunter Biden and the FBI’s misrepresentation of collected evidence as misinformation. In a letter dated July 25 addressed to Christopher Wray, the director of the FBI, and Merrick Garland, the attorney general, Grassley stated that the quantity and consistency of these claims “substantiate their credibility and justify this communication.”

According to Grassley, FBI Headquarters “improperly discredited unfavorable Hunter Biden material as misinformation” using a 2020 intelligence assessment about Biden’s criminal financial past.

Grassley, the leading member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said that the claims “appear to imply that there was a system in place among certain FBI employees to discredit defamatory material linked to Hunter Biden by falsely indicating it was misinformation.”

Then, according to Grassley, agent Timothy Thibault ordered the closure of a second Biden probe one month before the 2020 election because of a potential for “disinformation.”

Allegations state that all of the information was either validated or could have been verified using criminal search warrants. Additionally, the letter claimed that ASAC Thibault “directed the inquiry closed without providing a sufficient justification as required by FBI procedures.

By August 8, Grassley demanded that the FBI make essential data about the Biden investigations public. He also said that the FBI and the Justice Department are “totally tainted if the claims are accurate.”

He said that, if the claims were confirmed, the Justice Department and FBI are – and have been – institutionally corrupted to their very core to the point that the United States Congress and the American people will have no trust in the equitable administration of the law.

Following Grassley’s letter to the FBI in May requesting an inquiry into Thibault’s suspected pattern of partisan social media behavior, which included retweets of the anti-Trump Lincoln Project account, the request was made. Grassley claims that Thibault has been heavily involved in the investigation of Trump’s attempts to rig the 2020 election by appointing different slates of electors.

Hunter Biden’s alleged tax offenses and dubious international connections are the subjects of a federal grand jury inquiry nearing completion.

(FreedomWire.org) – Former Vice President Dick Cheney unleashed a series of dramatic attacks against former President Donald Trump in a Thursday campaign ad for his daughter, Rep. Liz Cheney.

Cheney accused Trump of being a “coward,” citing the former President’s litigation against the outcome of the 2020 election.

Cheney called Trump the greatest individual threat to the United States in the nation’s 246-year history, assigning him a distinction usually reserved for the likes of Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden and Emperor Hirohito.

“He is a coward. A real man wouldn’t lie to his supporters,” said the 81-year-old Dick Cheney.

“He lost his election, and he lost big.”

Dick Cheney had supported Trump for president in 2016. He went on to criticize Trump’s foreign policy, according to Politico.

Liz Cheney didn’t turn decisively against Trump until after the 2020 election.

Dick Cheney played a key role in instigating the 2003 Iraq War, a conflict today considered one of the worst foreign policy blunders in American history.

As George W. Bush’s Vice President, Cheney falsely claimed that Saddam Hussein’s government actively possessed weapons of mass destruction, according to Newsweek. That claim formed the basis of the 2003 invasion.

The conflict resulted in the deaths of thousands of American service members and many more Iraqis.

Instability in the Middle East after the American withdrawal from Iraq led to the rise of the Islamic State, a jihadist terrorist group that played a role in the exodus of Christians and other minorities from the region.

Cheney has never apologized for his role in the Iraq War.

Dick Cheney claimed that his daughter would prevail in her Aug. 16. primary.

“Liz is fearless. She never backs down from the fight. There is nothing more important she will ever do than lead the effort to make sure Donald Trump is never again near the Oval Office.”

“And she will succeed.”

Polling shows the younger Cheney trailing her Trump-endorsed primary challenger by massive margins.

(FreedomWire.org) – Microbiologist Dr. Richard Ebright testified before the U.S. Senate Wednesday that top public health officials lied about dangerous gain-of-function (GoF) research experiments conducted in China.

Ebright testified that the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other U.S. federal agencies funded research that fit the definition of GoF at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) without proper oversight. His claim directly contradicts those made by numerous public health officials, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).

Ebright testified that research funded by federal agencies at the WIV in the 2010s violated an NIH pause on GoF research funding between 2014 and 2017. After the pause was lifted in 2017, Ebright claimed that GoF projects which continued did not properly go through the agency’s regulatory process for oversight.

“Gain-of-function research of concern involves the creation of new health threats–health threats that did not exist previously and that might not have come to exist by natural means for tens, hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of years,” Ebright said.

“The statements made on repeated occasions to the public, to the press and to policymakers by the NIAID director, Dr. Fauci, have been untruthful. I do not understand why those statements are being made because they are demonstrably false,” Ebright explained Wednesday.

Ebright’s assertion that the NIH-funded research is GoF work directly contradicts previous testimony by Fauci before the U.S. Senate.

(FreedomWire.org) – George Soros came clean and defended funding the “reform prosecutors” who are destroying our cities by letting violent criminals roam free.

He said, “I have no intention of stopping.” George wrote: “Like most of us, I’m concerned about crime. One of government’s most important roles is to ensure public safety.”

He went on to say, “I have been involved in efforts to reform the criminal-justice system for the more than 30 years I have been a philanthropist. Yet our system is rife with injustices that make us all less safe. The idea that we need to choose between justice and safety is false. They reinforce each other. If people trust the justice system, it will work. And if the system works, public safety will improve. In recent years, reform-minded prosecutors and other law-enforcement officials around the country have been coalescing around an agenda that promises to be more effective and just. This agenda includes prioritizing the resources of the criminal-justice system to protect people against violent crime. It urges that we treat drug addiction as a disease, not a crime. And it seeks to end the criminalization of poverty and mental illness. This agenda, aiming at both safety and justice, is based on both common sense and evidence. It’s popular. It’s effective. The goal is not defunding the police but restoring trust between the police and the policed, a partnership that fosters the solving of crimes. Some politicians and pundits have tried to blame recent spikes in crime on the policies of reform-minded prosecutors. The research I’ve seen says otherwise. The most rigorous academic study, analyzing data across 35 jurisdictions, shows no connection between the election of reform-minded prosecutors and local crime rates. In fact, violent crime in recent years has generally been increasing more quickly in jurisdictions without reform-minded prosecutors.”

Soros has donated $40 million through his Open Society Foundation to political action committees over the past 10 years to help elect district attorneys to promote more equitable justice to minority suspects, who Soros says are not receiving fair treatment in the criminal justice system.

So far, the voters of at least one city have disagreed with Soros. San Francisco voted in June to recall District Attorney Chesa Boudin, and Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascon is facing a recall election as well.

Boudin received money from a Soros PAC, and was voted out over “quality of life” crimes such as public urination and camping on the streets.

Gascon received $4.7 million from a Soros-funded PAC, and has seen a 46% rise in homicides during his first year in office.

(FreedomWire.org) – The White House said Monday it successfully conducted “a counterterrorism operation” over the weekend that killed Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.

The operation, senior administration officials told reporters during a background call, was conducted at 9:48 p.m. Eastern time July 30 – or 6:18 a.m Kabul time July 31 – and carried out “by an unmanned aerial vehicle.” It was the result of several months of “careful, patient and persistent work,” one official added.

“We have multiple intelligence sources, via multiple methods, that have been able to confirm that this was al-Zawahiri and that we were successful in achieving our objective,” the official said, declining to detail specifics.

Zawahiri helped plan the 9/11 attacks and took over as the leader of Al Qaeda after the U.S. killed Osama bin Laden in 2011, CNN reported.

Zawahiri also helped orchestrate multiple other attacks against U.S. targets over the years. A senior administration official described Zawahiri as “a significant Al Qaeda target” in a statement earlier Monday. Officials maintained that the air strike resulted in no civilian casualties.

Zawahiri and his family moved to a safe house in Afghanistan within the past year, and though it’s believed that he never left the compound, he would often hang out on a balcony, according to a senior administration official. Ultimately, the U.S. government was able to kill Zawahiri on July 30 as he was on that balcony, and none of his family members are believed to have died as a result of the air strike.

“His death deals a significant blow to al Qaeda,” the official told reporters, adding that the safe house “is now empty.”

The operation followed many months of research and planning, and the senior administration official explained that “only a very small group of officials were aware” of the intelligence and planning.

Biden received several briefings throughout the operation’s planning and ultimately had a final briefing July 25. The senior administration official cautioned that “we should not be surprised if” the former al Qaeda leader “filmed additional videos that may be released after his death.”

Biden gave remarks on the operation at the White House on Monday evening, which comes as the U.S. nears its one-year anniversary of the Afghanistan withdrawal.